Tax Collection

Tax Bills are Mailed during the FIRST TWO weeks in November every year.

The First Half are due December 20th.

The Second Half are due May 10th of the following year.

Payment stubs for both the December & May payments are on the statement mailed in November.  SECOND HALF NOTICES ARE NOT SENT.

Receipts are mailed or e-mailed only upon request.  Also you can now search online.


Real Estate Taxes:

After December 20th and Until May 10th, the first half payment  plus interest can be paid.  If not paid by May 10th, the full tax plus interest must be paid.  There is  no longer the option of paying just first half. If taxes go unpaid for 3 years, property becomes subject to tax foreclosure sale by the County.  Will be sold at public auction.

Personal Property Taxes:

After December 20th, Personal Property taxes are due plus interest.  Full unpaid personal property taxes are sent to the Sheriff for collection in March. If the first half taxes are paid in December, the second half is due May 10th.  Second half unpaid personal property taxes are sent to the Sheriff for collection in August.

Forms of Payment:

Three Methods of Payment:

  1. Mail in Check or Money Order, made out to "Crawford County Treasurer", with the appropriate remittance stub from your tax statement attached.  There is a return included with your tax statement. To have a receipt mailed or e-mailed, please check the  appropriate box on the remittance stub.
  2. Hand deliver check, money order or cash to our offices. In Girard, second floor Courthouse, or Satellite office in Pittsburg KS, located 602 N Locust St, Pittsburg KS.  Please bring the appropriate remittance stub from your tax statement with you to the office.
  3. Use a Debit Card or Credit Card at the Crawford County Courthouse in Giard only. There are additional fees for using a debit or credit card. The fee is charged by the credit card vendor & is added to the total of your tax transactions. VISA, Mastercard, & Discover Cards can be done in the Pittsbureg Office, by phone, or in the mail.  Please bring the appropriate remittance stub with you to the office.

Tax Roll Corrections:

First, You must file a Under Protest and have a Hearing with the Appraisers Office.

All "changes" to Tax Bill are issued by the Crawford County Appraiser.  Treasure Office receives this information and issues corrected tax bill.   Reductions will be reflected on the second half payment if taxes were not paid in full.  Fully paid taxes with a reduction will create an overage resulting in a refund.